Seems I got through my birthday rather well! At least I was asked for my ID at the door this time… For a concert with an 18-year age limit. On my 33rd birthday… Well, I’ll just take that as a compliment!
This time, we were there just after the doors opened and managed to find a nice place in the front on the left side. The support Jenny Moe was… well, not that spectacular, I gotta say. But then, we only saw the back of her piano, actually.
And then the concert started! Unselfish as I am, I had sent in my birthday wish setlist beforehand, and it almost looked like Kaizers would actually play it – but “only” for the first couple of songs and a few other highlights, the remaining songs were different in the end. But the setlist was great! Except that I really really missed På ditt skift… =:-( Pretty pretty please, play that tonight, yes?!
The setlist: I ett med verden, Tusen dråper regn, Djevelens orkester, Señor Torpedo, Femtakt filosofie, Di grind, Støv og sand, Delikatessen, Psycho under min hatt, Philemon Arthur & the Dung, Gresk komedie, Bøn fra helvete, Apokalyps meg, Den andre er meg, Din kjole lukter bensin mor, En for orgelet, Diamant til kull, Svarte katter & flosshatter, Hjerteknuser. First encore Medisin & psykiatri, Drøm videre Violeta, Dieter Meyers Inst. Second encore Prosessen.
The atmosphere was great – not quite as enthusiastic as the first night, but then we were standing in front of the stage this time. And to save some time, here are the details as plain list instead of long text:
- During Delikatessen, Omen was very busy passing time again. With his suitcase (which obviously contains lots of interesting things that need to be checked out) and with his gas mask (you can screw off the filter and stow it in the suitcase!).
- The beginning of Psycho under min hatt was quite bad, because Omen started playing when poor Hellraizer wasn’t ready yet! That’s what happens when the organ player has never seen a guitar before and doesn’t know that it needs to be tuned once in a while. Actually, they wanted to fire Omen on the spot – but the audience voted for giving him another chance. And maybe a third, they might need it, the Jackal added.
- Hellraizer took over the microphone a bit later. They didn’t want to do a duet, because – who of them should sing the girl’s part? This just leads to arguments. And also, they both have the same length of… ties!
- They did do a duet lateron after all. But it almost didn’t happen, because the Jackal dropped the microphone just before they could start! Hellraizer wanted to pick it up, but then they remembered that this is the reason they take a crew along on tour. And the crew managed to fix the problem professionally. =;-)
- Bøn fra helvete is a song from the times when Kaizers didn’t know how to play any instruments yet. Except for oil barrels, of course!
- At some time during the concert, the Jackal decided that we were just too nice to them. He wanted some opposition. And booos! “Don’t just cheer everything!” … And right after, they played Apokalyps meg. They should have announced that before, THEN I would have booed as well. =;-)
- Helge = THE man. All said. And this time, the Helge chants were actually audible, yeah! =:-)
- Of course, we got the Russian introduction again for Hjerteknuser. Even though we were screaming and begging for the French one! And even though we would have seen someone open a bottle of champagne with a sword instead! But well, so we got the vodka again, and poor Helge had to wipe the glass afterwards.
- Kaizers Orchestra played Drøm videre Violeta because their management had advised them to do so. And the manager is always right! He had also advised them that Hellraizer should get a red guitar, and Killmaster a new deodorant…
- And last but not least, it was time to celebrate! Kaizers had just received a Platinum award for Vol. II. Congrats!
And for the rest of the report, I hand over to my friends, since I might be a tiny bit biased… =;-)
After a fantastic pre-show dinner with birthday cake and ice cream to celebrate Susi’s birthday, and after the fantastic concert, the evening climaxed when the Jackal entered the stage for the final encore holding two champagne glasses and a champagne bottle. This was, of course, to celebrate two things. First, Violeta Violeta vol. II has sold to platinum in Norway. Secondly, it’s someone special’s birthday! This very special fan, who turned 33 this evening, and has come all the way from Germany! And of course, this special fan had to come up on stage and answer a few questions. The 1700 fans in the audience cheered wildly as Susi was lifted up on stage! And the Jackal thought this would be a perfect time for a small interview…
– How did you become a fan? “Well, I saw a concert, and I just fell in love…”
(more wild cheers from the audience)
-WOW, you speak Norwegian fluently!!! Why is that? “To understand the lyrics, of course!”
– How many concerts have you seen? “I’m not sure, about 130-something…”
– 130 concerts!!! Now THAT’S a FAN!!!
(and the crowd goes wild…)
So, this is why he had TWO glasses – one for Kaizers Orchestra, and one for Susi, the number one fan! Hellraizer opened the champagne bottle, filled the glasses (and of course had to spray some champagne on the front rows) and the last song of the evening was of course dedicated to Susi! She sat on stage through Prosessen, and disappeared off stage with the band afterwards… We can’t write about everything that happened after that – but we CAN say that it was a great birthday party!!!
(Let’s do it again next year!)
And now that we’ve finished off this last part of the report in English, it’s time to translate it to German… Except, at this point there’s only one person left writing, and I really don’t know German… So bear with me – but I’ll have to ask Google translate for help. So if the German version is completely unintelligible, please try to read the English one instead… *gg*
And one last thing, that can’t be repeated enough:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSI!!!!!
– written by Lena with a little help from Mox –
Tags: Kaizers Orchestra, Oslo, Review, Sentrum Scene/Oslo